The face of the main office

“I like interacting with the students, the parents, and my coworkers. I enjoy the young people and there’s something new every day,” Witte said.

Administrative Assistant and Attendance Supervisor Linda Witte covers many of the jobs that keep the front office running smoothly.

Photo by Jay Burton

Jay Burton, Reporter

The day begins at 6:20 a.m. for administrative assistant and attendance supervisor Linda Witte.

Witte has played a large role in the school’s main office for 16 years.  Her favorite part of her time here has been getting to know the students.

Witte manages not just attendance, but she also works on whatever projects she is given to help the administration and keep the school running smoothly. One example is completing paperwork and planning for the EKG screening from last Friday.

Outside of her school life Witte and her family also own the local meat and processing store Bloomington Meats. This means even though her school day ends at around 3:00 p.m., her day is far from over.

“I go there (Bloomington Meats) every day and close the place down, so from 3 to 5 or 6 p.m.”

This additional job turns Witte’s days into ten and eleven hour days.

Despite those long days Witte has a great motivation.

“It’s just a matter of priorities and doing what I know needs to get done,” Witte said.

With hunting season approaching Bloomington Meats becomes a custom processor for trophy kills.

“First shotgun weekend is usually the big one. We’ll get over 100 deer in, if not more.”

In spite of her full agenda Witte has a few things she likes to do to unwind in her free time.

“I enjoy working on my flowerbeds at home, reading books, and spending time with my grandkids.”

When asked if she would do anything to change her agenda, her answer was straight forward:

“Absolutely not.”